Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer extension and voicemail

jmecklenburg
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Community

I have a problem with transfer and voicemail, i'm using CUCM 6.1 and Unity and all works fine.... but i have a issue with transfer and voicemail.

Extention 776, UserA

Extention 726, UserB

I want when call at UserA, and the user does not answer the call going to User, if the User does not answer the call go to UserB Voicemail.

The configuration is:

Extension 776, UserA --> Call forward no answer to 726

Extension 726, UserB --> Call forward no answer to voicemail

If i call to 776 and the user don't answer the call going to 726

If i call to 726 and the user don't answer the call going to Voicemail

But, If I call to 776 and the user don't answer the call going to 726 the UserB, if user B does not answer, the call does not go to Voicemail User B and goes to a promt Unity invites call the operator.

Any idea?

fixie rider
2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's expected to happen and there are pleny of threads on the subject, short answer is you would need to change the Unity behavior to use the last redirecting DN to select the VM as opposed to the original called number which is the default behavior. The parameter is cluster wide.

You can search last redirecting number on CSC and get plenty of hits with the instructions.

The other thing you can do is configure a VM profile for user B and hardcode the VM mask to be the DN of phone B.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Javier,

Just to add a note to Java's great pointers (+5 "J" )

You can use the Voicemail Profile config in CUCM to mask numbers that are routed to Voicemail and that you want to go to a specific VM Box.

For your example;

You want calls that come to DN 776 to route to the same VM Box @ DN 726

Create a VM Profile called "xxxx" with a Vm Mask of 726

On the Directory Number Configuration page for 776

Directory Number Settings

Voice Mail Profile = xxxx (what you created above)

All calls that route to VM from 776 will receive the VM treatment for the 726 Mailbox. We use this to route calls for multiple Instructors to Department Mailboxes rather than having their own

If your Unity is 5.x or newer and Unity Connection 7.x and newer, you could also change the "Route calls by Last Redirecting"  as Java nicely noted,but that would be a more invasive change. Let us know if that is what you want to look at doing and we can source some config info.

Cheers!

Rob

"Everything is broken" - Bob Dylan