Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer files using the Personal Communicator

All,

Can I transfer files using the Personal Communicator?

Does anyone have a user guide and administrator guide about how to configure and use this facility?

Thank you,

Luciane de Medeiros

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No you cannot. You would need jabber for that.

Q.

Can Cisco  Unified Personal Communicator and Cisco Jabber for Windows  interoperate?

A.

Yes, these two clients can interoperate.   Please note though that features that are not part of the Cisco Unified  Personal Communicator client; such as screen capture, video desktop sharing, and file transfer; are not interoperable between the  two clients.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_0_1/b_jabber_win_faq_chapter_01.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No you cannot. You would need jabber for that.

Q.

Can Cisco  Unified Personal Communicator and Cisco Jabber for Windows  interoperate?

A.

Yes, these two clients can interoperate.   Please note though that features that are not part of the Cisco Unified  Personal Communicator client; such as screen capture, video desktop sharing, and file transfer; are not interoperable between the  two clients.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_0_1/b_jabber_win_faq_chapter_01.html

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

All right, Java.

I'll install the Jabber and check if it works.

Do you know if I need to do any specific configuration to work.

I will replace the Personal Communicator by Jabber.

The scenario will be IM, Presence and Collaboration (MeetingPlace / WebEx with MeetingPlace Exchedule)

Regards,

Luciane de Medeiros