cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfering Calls to PSTN number through a Call Handler

andres.lara
Level 1
Level 1

I need to create a call handler and within the caller input allow a caller to press a key to transfer to a PSTN number. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. I think it maybe caused by the restriction tables, but I haven't been able to get it to work. Are any of you familar with this type of configuration?

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

have the caller input from your call handler to send them to a call system transfer. then they can dial anything that the restriction tables allow.

unity by default only recognizes numbers that are defined within the config

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The way I do this is as follwoing:

create new call hanlder with transfer set to a dummy DN, which is defined in CM as cti port for example

In the AA call handler on the caller input map select this call handler to be invoked upon the appropriate dtmf input.

On the cti port set the call forward all to the external desitination and make sure you apply the proper CSS.

With the above config you do not need to worry about restriction tables in Unity, and you can control which GW will be used for the outboudn call via the assigned CSS to the cti port,etc.

HTH,

Chris

Chris,

That works, but the caller ID is that of the voicemail port or the external phone number mask of that voicemail port. I need it to show the original calling number on the destination device's display not that of the forwarding voicemail port. Have you had any luck with that?

I would think that if you do "release to switch" transfer on Unity it should present the original caller id. Is this how you have it?

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: