Views
Helpful
Replies

Transferring a call from Unity

kidcisco628
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am trying to allow users do dial fan extension from the opening greeting with unity connection 7

It works for some extension numbers but for others the call is routed straight to the Voice mail of the number that was dialled

Any thoughts

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Hi.

You need to create a dedicated Call handler on UC and a CTI Route point with the same number of configured destination on Call handler.

On DN configuration, select Forward All on Directory Number on CTI RP configuration.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Adjust the transfer settings PER user as required to either reach VM, or ring their phone.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Sorry

what I should have said was when a caller hits the opening greeting and get the prompt "you may dial an extension at any time" they can only dial certain users extensions.

ie 4 digit extension beginning with a 6 is ok but 5 digit beginning with a 4 is not.

I have checked the restriction tables and also set them to allow everything but it makes no difference.

Thanks.

What traces would I see this on ?

Hi.

To see the call behaviour can download remote port status monitor a useful tool from ciscounitytools.com 

HTH

Regards.

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hi

i have used the port monitor tool, this just shows the call flow in and out of Unity, what ~I need to be able to see is the decision process Unity goes through when a call "dials an extension" at the opening greeting.

In gateway terms this would be analogous to selecting a dial peer based on digits recieve

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: