cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transferring calls directly to VM boxes, timing issue

Chris Driggers
Level 1
Level 1

I've got my UCM 6.1 Business Edition system set up to allow users to transfer callers directly to VM by a CTI RP using the standard *XXXX method.

I have a problem though. The person initiating the transfer presses the transfer softkey, then dials *XXXX, and by the time they press the Transfer key again to complete the transfer, a portion of the mailbox greeting has already been played.

Does anyone know of a way to cause a brief delay before the greeting is played, to give the users enough time to complete the transfer?

Many thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have a look at CSCsm67316. I think this provides a better solution rather than putting in a system delay. Basically VM will restart the current phrase or greeting when it detects that the remote party has changed, i.e. when the transfer is completed. I believe the change is available in an ES.

-Eric

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have a look at CSCsm67316. I think this provides a better solution rather than putting in a system delay. Basically VM will restart the current phrase or greeting when it detects that the remote party has changed, i.e. when the transfer is completed. I believe the change is available in an ES.

-Eric

Yes, this is exactly what I needed. I ended up using the delay option, since that was a quicker fix, but it is good to know they've addressed this in the later ES.

Do you know if there a setting that has to be changed, Eric? I read this bug and updated my system to 2.1(1)ES21. I'm still getting a cut off message when transferred to Voice Mail.