Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

transfert to cell phone on pressing 7 while greeting is playing

Hi want to know how I can configure Unity to do that. While a call is transfert to the subscriber voicemail, the following greeting playing: ....for emergency press 7 or leave me a msg after the tone. On pressing 7 the caller is transfert to 555-1212.

How can I do that ?

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: transfert to cell phone on pressing 7 while greeting is play

Yes - you need to setup a call handler and configure it's alternate transfer rule to be active and have it setup to do a transfer (for a cell phone it's best to use a release transfer) . Then map the 7 key of your subscriber's user input keys to "attempt transfer for" that call handler.

I guess if you don't want to get called in the middle of the night you can setup the handler with an appropriate schedule and use the standard transfer rule as active and the off hours as not - but if you want it to always call you, use the alternate transfer rule.

Thanks that's work, but I want is a on user call transfert basis. Your soluition is great, but the administator need to define a different call handler for each cell phone number. What I want is solution where the subscriber can decide where the call is gonna be transfer.

thanks !

Unity doesn't allow this. Users can set notifications of calls via pagers, text message etc, or Call Manager can forward calls. Sounds like you want something like PA Server.

Cisco Employee

on a side note, we have a proposal for the 4.2 project to add the ability to have a single user-controlled transfer string (seperate from their main transfer string they already have control over) that can be mapped to a 1 key rule by an administrator.

So in other words you could pop open bulk edit and map everyone's "4" key to go to their defined stransfer string (i.e. their cell phone or whatever) - and then subscribers would be able to enable/disable this and set the transfer number over the subscriber conversation - they'd have to record their greeting to tell folks about this as well, of course.

Admins would have control over enabling it for users and deciding which key would be used (0, 4, whatever). This could be used for local area operator support or transfers to alternate numbers etc... reasonably easily.

This hasn't been execute comitted but it's on the "stretch list" for 4.2 at the moment. Sounds like it'd do what you want to.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content