cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Translated # same as extension

yantiscompany
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, I'm sure this is probably something simple, but I'm a total ucm n00b, and searches aren't helping.  Tried reading the docs, but they are pretty over my head as well.

Problem is, I have a translation pattern for 555-9336 that translates from 9336 to internal extension 1710.  Not a big deal, except for when someone goes to call one of our vendors at 336-5555.  What happens is they put in 9 for an outside number followed by 336-5555, and of course it doesn't make it to the 5555 and just gets translated to the 1710 extension.  I've tried messing wiht some of the CSS and Partition settings, but nothing seems to help.

In the simplest terms imaginable :-) ...what am I missing?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Move the Translation Pattern 9336 or however you have it defined to new parition (PT-PSTN-Inbound or whatever you want to call it) and add it only to the CSS-Gateway CSS.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am sorry Justin, but I am slightly confused, you say the xlation is 555-9336, but user dialing 93365555 matches it?

There is no overlap so, this does not make sense.  Can you validate it?

Are the transaltions meant to transalte DID calls coming in to internal extensions? Or do people call these from phones as well?  If the first, then the Xlations should only be assigned a parition that is only listed in the CSS assigned to the Gateway, this way they will never be matched when calling from IP phones.

HTH,

Chris

My guess is that he mentioned the whole number he's translating but the actual config of the TP is to match 9336 and turn it into 1710.

Depending on your version you can just uncheck the urgent priority checkbox or do as Chris mentioned and adjust CSS/partitions so that only who needs to use that TP can reach it.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Correct on the first one.  The translation only uses the last 4 numbers of the incoming DID, so the outside number is 653-9336, but in "pattern definition" under "translation pattern" all I put is 9336, followed by 1710 in "Called Party transform Mask.  So the overlap is when someone dials 9-336XXXX, it matches the 9336 before they can make it to XXXX.

I'm having a little trouble understanding what I'm supposed to do.  I have a CSS called CSS-Gateways that is assigned to the gateway.  It inlcudes partitions for the mainline, voicemail, and internal (which 1710 is on).  Will this not work with internal being in that CSS?  I'm kind of scared to remove it, incase it might cause all kinds of other problems.   I tried messing around with making new partitions and CSS, but when I succeeded in making it so you could dial a 9336XXXX number, it then killled the translation to the internal extension phone # and gave an incorrect number message.

I really hate these dang partitions and CSS.  Why must they make the UCM so difficult!

Thanks for the help.

Move the Translation Pattern 9336 or however you have it defined to new parition (PT-PSTN-Inbound or whatever you want to call it) and add it only to the CSS-Gateway CSS.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

urgent priority is selected, but greyed out? Which setting do I have to change to allow it to be switched off?

If it's greyed out your CUCM version does not allow you to uncheck it and there's no way to do so. That's why I mentioned it would depend on your CUCM version.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks guys!  I appreciate the help.