cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trouble with System Prompts with PIMG SIP Integration

darin.sullivan
Level 1
Level 1

Currently a Tac case open at severity 2. (#604554835) with no outlook of resolving this.

I have a Unity 4.2 UM integration with Siemens HICOM via SIP PIMG. Unity Server and PIMGS are located at Headquarters. I have a remote location that is calling over a t-1 via CORNET and when they get to the opening greeting and press * to enter the userid, they do not hear the whole system prompt. They only hear "Userid" instead of "Enter your userid". The issue repeats itself as users enter digits, the first word or two of the system prompts is cutoff. We performed a trace on Unity and Unity is sending out the whole prompt. We can also repeat the issue at Headquarters if we dial out a trunk and back in, the same issue occurs with the systemp prompts. Messages and Greetings are fine. Is there not a way we can introduce a pause before the system prompt plays??

Thanks in advance!

5 Replies 5

pmaglinger
Level 1
Level 1

Are messages and greeting fine at the remote location? You're just having problems with the prompts?

Yes. Greetings and Messages always play without issues. Just system prompts after dtmf.

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Even if you could system wide add a couple seconds of pause in front of the prompts, wouldn't this then be a nuisance for the folks connecting locally to Unity? They would perceive Unity to be acting very sluggish.

First maybe we should clarify what is happening. My understanding is that when a DTMF is sent across your CORNET trunk, the audio (both directions or just the reverse direction?) cuts out briefly. If the trunk handles the digit out of band, then I could understand that it would try to strip out the inband audio during the digit in order to prevent the chance of double digits on the other end. However I don't understand why it would need to cut out the audio in the reverse direction. Some sort of potential echo canceling feature maybe? I think your best bet would be to figure out why the audio is getting cut out in that direction and either make it stop or reduce the amount.

Regards,

Eric

Yeah, I agree. I'm not sure what to look at next. I wish I could see what was actually going on between the PIMG and PBX. I got tired of the finger pointing as to which product was causing the issue, so I came up with a temporary fix of manually adding a 1 second pause in front of the system prompts. Suprisingly, it's hardly noticible at all with the folks accessing it locally. They were at a point where they wanted to scrap the solution and TAC was no longer a help. Thanks!

Yeah, modding the system prompts is generally something TAC won't support. Also, be aware that any upgrade of Unity will replace those prompts so you'll need to redo the customization.

Glad it worked out for you in the end. Very odd behavior though.

-Eric