cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TTS error reading email

BOB MARCHI
Level 4
Level 4

When using the phone to check my unified messages, I get "This email can not be read now." I have checked the licenses and I am the only one trying to use TTS. I have also reboot the server. I also noticed that there is no choice available under Default Text-to-Speech Language in System Configuration/Phone Languages.

This is a new install with:

Unity 4.0.5 on Server 2000

Exchange 2003

100 User lic that comes with the 2 TTS lic

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you say you are the only one to use TTS, do you mean you are the only one in the COS that has TTS enabled (Text-to-Speech for Email Messages)?

If you want to troubleshooti it further, turn on some traces.

Open Cisco Unity Diagnostic Tool (UDT). Click on Macro Traces. Select all for Text to Speech (last line in the tool)

Click on Start New Logs.

Call in to test TTS

On UDT, click on Gather Log Files, Select Logs, Drill down to AvTtsSvr and expand it. Select the last file.

If you see The licensed Text to Speech provider is not installed on the system, so TTS will be disabled. in the avtts*. file, follow the instructions below to install TTS.

1) Open regedit.exe and change registry setting HKLM/Software/Active

Voice/CUCA/UnitySetup, HasCompleted value from 1 to 0.

2) Run setup.exe from cd1

TTS was not installed. Checked for RealSpeak under CommServer directory and it was not there.

Ran setup.exe from Unity CD1 and reinstalled Unity making sure to check enable TTS. Everything installed and worked.