cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Two Factor Authentication for UC servers

gzulko
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone setup any form of two factor authentication for logging into UC servers (Callmanager/Unity) for administrators using RSA SecurID's or another form of authentication?  We currently use our LDAP account or setup a Application User account but our Security group would like to add another layer of authentication.  Any suggestions?

7 Replies 7

davrojas
Level 3
Level 3

Hello gzulko,

For the Web administration page you could have an initial proxy url for initial authentication (CISCO or  3rd party), then once you reach the CUC page you can use your LDAP credentials.

Regards,

+david+

What is stopping the admin user from just putting in the the IP/URL of the UC server and bypassing the proxy?

Hi gzulko,

Nothing, thats why the URL redirecting should always occur to the proxy first in order to provide the credentials for your first layer of authentication.

Regards,

+david+

Thanks for your help David.  This is not my area of expertise, so if I put in the UC servers IP/URL the proxy server will intercept the request and block it from reaching the UC server?  Our Security group wants two factor enforced so I cannot bypass the second method of authentication.

Gary

Gary,

Were you able to setup the two factor authentication for your servers?

No, we never did.

Okay, Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: