Views
Helpful
Replies

Two hop method --DIRT

NAVIN PARWAL
Level 2
Level 2

Folks,

I just read the documentation for DIRT. I am confussed.

I want to backup my unity server along with voicemail messages. When i choose two hop method and specify a local directory, the backup goes through, but that directory is empty?

if i do not use the two hop method and try to back up unity what will i not backup???

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The only difference is that when you use the two hop method, the SQL backup is first backed up to a local directory and then moved to another location. This comes in handy when you want to backup Unity to a network location. The SQL backup is done using the SQL services and is limited by the permissions of that account. If you want to write the backup file to a location that SQL services do not have access to, you can use the two hop method which uses the account that DiRT is running under to write to the network location

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Brandon,

Does that mean that is i see the local pointed directory empty for two hop methos it is normal, the tool automatically moves that stuff to the target location?

Thanks

yes - after the files are copied to the "remote" location that local directory is flushed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: