Views
Helpful
Replies

Two opening greeting

abuatiya
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

I would like to implement two different openning handler greeting as the following:

1. I have a DID range of 500 IDs(8000 to 8499)

2. I already configured one opening handler for any outside calls to extinsion 8000 (4378000).

2. I would like to implement another opening handler for ouside caller on ext. 8300. (4378300)

3. So , the opening greeting for 4378000 will be different than the greeting of 4378300.

We are having CM4.1 and cisco unity connectiion 1.2

Regards,

12 Replies 12

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

I work with Unity unified messaging , but I think I can answer most of your question. In CallManager, you are going to create a new CTI route point for DN 8300 and forward all calls to Unity voicemail. In Unity, create an Opening Greeting call handler and assign it DN 8300. Once that has been defined, you can record your required system prompts and caller input key navigation.

Ginger

Hello ,

This is exactly what i did. after my implementation i still observing all calls been redirected to new Opening greeting and the old one is not working. both CTI route point (8000 and 8300) are forwarded to unity voice mail hunt pilot.

So, im unable to run both at the same time i have to disable one to let the other one working.

I think we have to do some changes on the call routing on unity but i need someone to support me on the cinfiguration

Regards,

Are you using any kind of mask or translation before you send the calls to Unity?

If so, use the Unity Call Viewer tool to see what calling number is being passed to Unity.

Post a screens hot of your current Unity Routing Rules.

Hello ,

on CallManager , I'm translating unidentified number when they dial 4378000 or 4378300 to Cisco unity voice mail pilot.

But as i told you , only one greeting is working . any advise

Regards,

Are you translating the called number, the calling number or both? Did you try the Call Viewer to see what calling number is being passed to Unity?

If you are translating the Calling Number to 4378000 and 43783000, make sure it is getting to Unity that way by using the Call Viewer. If it is, then you have to check your routing rules and make sure you have them setup so if the Calling Number is 4378000 the call is sent to one call handler and if the calling number is 4378300 to send it to another call handler. The order is important in routing rules. Post a screen shot of your routing rules please.

Hello,

Im attaching the routing rules on my cisco unity connection. I configured two opening greeting ( IMG & Diyar ) , based on the attached routing rules , the caller will hear the default opening greating which was configured ( Opening Greeting for 8000).

Please Advise

The routing rules look OK. Did you use the Call Viewer yet to be sure the correct calling number is being passed to Unity?

Yes ,

The correct numer passing to unity from the caller.

Can i have your contact so i can reach u now

Regards

In addition to getting the correct calling number, you also should verify whether the call shows up as forwarded or direct. The routing rules you posted are for direct calls. If the incoming call shows up as forwarded then these rules will not be used.

-Eric

The calls should be direct from outside to two different openning greeting. The opening greeting (1) will be for calling number 4378000 and the opening greeting (2) will be for 4378300.

When i run the call view all calls are showing as direct but only one opening greeting is working . Do i have to configure something with the forwaqrding rules or what. Please advise

Could you post a screen shot from the Call Viewer showing calls coming from both 4378000 and 4378300? Or email it to me.

hello Mike,

Can you give me ur email & contact details so we can troubleshoot it together .

thnx

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: