Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

UC 8.5.1 CallHandler Xfer Release-to-Switch doesn't Xfer

I have Unity Connection 8.5.1ES65 cluster with CUCM 8.5 cluster with a SIP integration. My (only) CallHandler will not transfer calls (via Caller Input) to DNs unless Call Action> Transfer Type is "Supervise Transfer". I am calling from an inside DN. During "Supervise Transfer" the destination phone does ring, but I don't hear ring-back; perhaps because we have MoH disabled (I can have played: "please wait while we transfer your call"). If I setthe Call Action> to "Release to Switch", I never hear ring back, only dead air, and the destination number does NOT ring. Likewsie, if a setup a Caller Input> User with Mailbox > Attempt Transfer, the phone does not ring, but if I send it to the greeting, I do receive the greeting. I've setup a Directory Handler and it appears to show similar characteristics: I can locate a name, but the DH never transfers me to the phone.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Super Bronze

Mike is on the right track here with a packet capture; we need to see the SIP dialog to be sure. I can make two guesses in the meantime:

1. Does the SIP trunk have a Rerouting CSS and Out-of-dialog Refer CSS that allows access to the transfer destination on it? Unity Connection should be doing a SIP REFER (in-dialog for a release-to-switch transfer). CUCM filters this method against the assigned rerouting CSS.
    Table 6-14 of the SIP integration guide states these are needed: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/integration/guide/cucm_sip/cucintcucmsip060.html
  2. You are not hearing MoH during a supervised transfer because it isn't supported with a SIP integration.
    The link I provided above states this in a Note near the top of the page.
5 REPLIES
Community Member

Does the call Connect on the Supervised Transfer? Same Codec between phone and Unity Connection?

Mike

Community Member

Mike,

Yes, the call does connect on Supervised Transfer. I can make it work/break it repeatidly, by selecting between Supervised Transfer and Release to Switch. It is the same codec- the destination phone never rings when RtS is selected, and the caller hears dead-air. (The caller hears dead-air on Supervised Transfer, but I think I can explain that to something unrelated.)

Thanks.

Community Member

Re: UC 8.5.1 CallHandler Xfer Release-to-Switch doesn't Xfer

Do you have the UCM that the phone is registered in the Unity Connection Server list.

What version of call manager, could this be a SDP 183 prack issue where the Phone IP address is not provided in the redirect.

You do have the Redirecting Diversion Header selected for inbound and outbound?

I would do a packet capture and filter the sip conversation to see what the SDP looks like for the call. I bet the SDP has 0.0.0.0 or is not being provided at all.

mike

VIP Super Bronze

Mike is on the right track here with a packet capture; we need to see the SIP dialog to be sure. I can make two guesses in the meantime:

1. Does the SIP trunk have a Rerouting CSS and Out-of-dialog Refer CSS that allows access to the transfer destination on it? Unity Connection should be doing a SIP REFER (in-dialog for a release-to-switch transfer). CUCM filters this method against the assigned rerouting CSS.
    Table 6-14 of the SIP integration guide states these are needed: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/integration/guide/cucm_sip/cucintcucmsip060.html
  2. You are not hearing MoH during a supervised transfer because it isn't supported with a SIP integration.
    The link I provided above states this in a Note near the top of the page.
Community Member

Jonathan- Yup! SIP trunking Rerouting CSS was it! I didn't know/understand that it was used for "Redirected/Rerouted" numbers- I thought maybe some type of AAR/CAC Rerouting.......THANKS!!!!!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content