Views
Helpful
Replies

UC 8.5 Notification Issue

Kasiraman S
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have setup WAV file notification in Unity Connection 8.5 for a User. I have configured in User's Message Action to Accept and relay the Voice mail to a Email ID and I have also configured the same email in Notification device under SMTP. I'm receiving eMail notification that was configured under Notification Devices. But not receiving attached WAV files or atleast the email for the Message Action configuration. I have enabled one(Message Action/SMTP Notification Devices) at a time and found that SMTP traces are generated for Email notification but not for WAV file notification.

I have integrated UC with Exchange 2007. Please let me know if I have to do any other configuration to fix this. I have also configured Receive Connector in Exchange but I'm still wondering why Unity is not sending anything at all.

Thanks,

Kasi

1 Reply 1

culittle
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Perhaps you could be more specific on the .wav file you are trying to send.

Per the docs. it indicates that UC can send "text notifications"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/administration/guide/8xcucsag200.html#wp1049727

Setting Up SMTP Message Notifications in Cisco Unity Connection 8.x

By using SMTP, Cisco Unity Connection can send text notification to  notify users that they have received a new message or calendar event.  Text notifications can be sent to any device that supports SMTP, for  example, email addresses, mobile phones, and text pagers.

To enable Connection to send text notifications by using SMTP, your  Connection server must be configured to relay messages through a smart  host. If Connection is configured to deliver text notifications but has  not been configured to relay messages to a smart host, the notification  attempt fails and the notification is put in the Connection SMTP Server  badmail folder.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: