Views
Helpful
Replies

UC on C220, C240?

Ryan Espedido
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Since UCS C200 M2 and C210 M2 are already end of life, we were wondering if the new third generation C-series UCS C220 and C240 will support UC applications. We can't seem to find any documentation or related files.

We understand that Cisco now supports specs-based hardwares for virtualized UC deployments. We, however, needs confirmation if their will be incompatibility issues with new processors and modules included with the third generation UCS.

Need your inputs.

Thanks in advanced,

Ryan

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Those do not show as TRCs

Tested Reference Configurations (TRC)

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Tested_Reference_Configurations_%28TRC%29

You would need to compare the specs from those models to what's supported on a spec based hardware here

Specification-Based Hardware Support

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Specification-Based_Hardware_Support

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Hi javalenc,

Thanks for the reply.

I've already read the specification-based hardware support document before and I noticed the highlighted text. It is one of the reason that I came here for for additional inputs from the community.

The document only listed Intel Xeon 5600 family, 7500 family, E7-2800 family, E7-4800 family, and E7-8800 family as supported processors. Moreover, they stated that Intel processors not included in the list are not supported.

Here's the thing: UCS C220/C240 uses E5-2600 family of processors.

Does this mean that as of now UCS C220 / C240 are not officially supported platform for UC8 applications? But may be supported in future UC versions?

Please correct me if my assumptions are wrong. Thank you very much.

Regards,

Ryan

If the processor those servers have is not within the list of spec based support, then, they're not supported.

This is no place to discuss products/support roadmap, you need to direct those questions to your account team.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java