cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC on UCS

Rafael Jimenez
Level 4
Level 4

I want to know if its possible install the following VMs using only one UCS C-Series:

1 - The CUCM publisher.

2 - The CUCM Subscriber.

3 - The Cisco Unity (for exchange) Server.

4 - The Cisco Unified Presense Sever.

if not, which VMs can I install in one UCS and which VM on an aditional UCS?

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

That's already implied, otherwise what would be the purpose of providing a link on how to size a server/apps if you're only going to install apps but not turn them on????

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Up to 4 UC applications on single C series server are supported currently, as long as you do not oversubscribe on the resources, i.e. CPU, RAM and storage. Keep in mind that for UCON you need another spare CPU.  But all of this is explained in the link Java provided, it's just kind of hard to find it all there as it's not well organized.

Also, putting everything on single chassis is not a good solution as it provides no hardware redundancy so I would never recommend this approach.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Review this document to get the answer and understand how this works on UCS

Unified Communications  Virtualization Sizing Guidelines

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Communications_Virtualization_Sizing_Guidelines

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks Java,

but my main concern is how many UC applications (presence,unity, ccx) can I install simultaneosly in one C-Series server (with ESXi).

Is there a limitation about the number of Call Managers (pub and sub) and UC all three applications (presence, unity and ccx)  in the same C-series chassis?.

Such is explained in the link I already provided.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Let me check the documentation..  the key word is "simultaneously".  I have not seen this word yet.

Thanks.

That's already implied, otherwise what would be the purpose of providing a link on how to size a server/apps if you're only going to install apps but not turn them on????

HTH

java

HTH

java

Up to 4 UC applications on single C series server are supported currently, as long as you do not oversubscribe on the resources, i.e. CPU, RAM and storage. Keep in mind that for UCON you need another spare CPU.  But all of this is explained in the link Java provided, it's just kind of hard to find it all there as it's not well organized.

Also, putting everything on single chassis is not a good solution as it provides no hardware redundancy so I would never recommend this approach.

HTH,

Chris

Hi

Just to add.

I believe Up to 4 UC application limit is only for UCS C200 M2 and for other UCS C series below is the requirement

For UCS B200 and C210 TRCs, you may otherwise mix and match  applications/versions and VM OVAs (of any size) in any quantity as long  as you do not oversubscribe any physical server resources.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: