cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC560 Voicmail

mpinkos11
Level 1
Level 1

We have just deployed the UC 560 and 540 in our office.  There is one feature that would be great to stop.  If you leave a VM it sends it to email and stores it on the phone.  We would love to shut it off the saving to phone if sent to email.  Anyone have thoughts on this.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Voicemail is never sent to phone it simply send message waiting indication MWI that you have new message.  I don't work with UC5XX products but I would imagine you can remove MWI extension and/or disable unified messaging.

HTH,

Chris

nikhijos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Michael,

Are you asking about cell phone or email notifications, if yes and you want to disable phone notifications then,

Go to CUE GUI of UC560/UC540, go to Configure --> Users --> select the user for which you want to disable phone notifications --> deselect the respective phone --> Apply.

If you mean you have configured IMAP client(for email) and VOIP phone stores those voicemail messages then,

The voicemail messages, if deleted from phone they will be deleted from IMAP client as well.

Thanks,

Nikhil Joshi.

We are using the foward to email function. How do we set the unit to send vm to email but not store in phone. Then if i listin to it in email want it to delete on phone.

That is done using IMAP as opposed to email notification. Once the message is deleted by email client., it will not be in mailbox anymore.

For details refer to the product documentation.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: