cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 7 Historical Reports Tool Question

manuelolivari
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm new to this tool and was wondering how I can see the report builds for the existing reports within the historical reports tool.  Is there a way to get into the pre-existing reports using Crystal Developer?  Any help and all help is appreciated.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

dbo is part of the name (well, it identifies the owner of the table, which is the main system user).

ado is the MS technology that Crystal uses (Active Data Objects methinks) to access the DB - so it's just how Crystal references it.

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Yes - the Crystal templates go into the program directory (c:\program files\cisco uccx historical reports\templates) when you install the program.

The SQL procedures are in the DB and easy to get at on V7 - if you connect to the server using RDP/VNC or whatever you can run SQL Enterprise Manager to view the procedures in the db_cra database.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks for your reply Aaron.

So I'm still learning my way aroud the Crystal dev tool since I only just got it last week. (I do all of my work in Oracle SQL Dev tool) Anyways, so my question is would I have to establish a new connection thru the ODBC or the OLE DB(ADO)?

Aaron,

One more thing.  So when I get into the UCCX server to look at the data tables I notice that the table prefix (owner) is dbo. When I go into the reports design view and look at the database fields, their prefix is ado.  Is there another table set out there or are there interim tables being created as these reports are running?

Regards,

Hi

dbo is part of the name (well, it identifies the owner of the table, which is the main system user).

ado is the MS technology that Crystal uses (Active Data Objects methinks) to access the DB - so it's just how Crystal references it.

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Ok, but if you look at the field explorer under Database Fields, some of those are obviously pre-calculated fields which are then used on formulas for the report fields. So are the (Active Data Objects) stored long enough for the report to run or are they kept elsewhere?  I'm confused.

Hi

Each report basically runs a single Stored Procedure, which returns a single dataset.. ADO is just the technology used to do it. Crystal then builds the report from that, and the formulas can be based on the returned data or on various things built into Crystal (e.g. current time, various other variables).

Aaron