Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.5 and Unified Presence

edavila
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Within UCCX Desptop Web admin page there is the option to enable Unified Presence Integration for CAD Agents/Supervisors.

UCCX 8.5 and Presence Server 8.5 is running agains our CUCM 8.5 installation, CUPS clientes are working fine except the integration at UCCX.

This is the error message we get, but even is documented on CAD Troubleshooting, we still cannot work araund a solution:

"If the user credentials are correct, this error message appears: "CDAUI2034 Invalid Cisco Unified Presence Cluster user credentials. Configured user must be able to run SOAP queries."

The installation excplicity says we should not use System Web Administrator but a user with privileges that can performa SOAP queries, we have a End User (Under LDAP CM Integration) that even have been granted all privileges.

Any Ideas?

11 Replies 11

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Has that end user in CUCM been granted CUP and CUPC rights in System > Licensing > Capabilities Assignment?

Hi,

i have exactly the same problem and cannot find a solution.

In Desktop Administrator i configured an End User (CCXPresenceViewer) pointed to an CUCM Enduser with all privileges with the result

(CDAUI0001 Transaction successful.).

This enduser will be used only in this case (to look into presence server). He has also granted the CUP and CUPC rights in CUCM license capability assignment.

During login process the following message is displayed:

Cisco Agent Desktop:

An error has occured communicating with the Cisco Unified Presence Service.

The Application will automatically continue attemting to connect.

Additionally an OK Button is available.

After pressing the ok button CAD continiues to login. If ready the agent has an status of Partial Service in status line. If clicking this, the status of any service is displayed. Cisco Unified Presence is Inactive.

From my opinion the user credentials from the agent are okay. User credentials from CCXPresenceViewer are also okay. Otherwise you have to enter an right password again.

Is there an guideline available how to configure the right users or is this an bug?

Maybe an workaround for 10.5:

- Add an enduser i.e. CCXPresenceViewer.

- Give him permissions to be a presence user (mark "Enable User for Unified CM IM and Presence (Configure IM and Presence in the associated UC Service Profile)

- Assign Access Control Group "Standard TabSync User" or Role "Standard AXl API Access"

- goto Desktop Administrator and navigate to Cisco Unified Presence Cluster configuration section. Type in IP of presence Server and credentials of CCXPresenceViewer into

- click save!

- click verify, should be okay.

But if i start the Cisco Agent Desktop, the user cannot login to the presence service. So the status is incomplete. You can check that by doubleclicking the status row. Maybe, that it´s running in 8.5 was randomly an not reproducible for me.

Has anyone a little guide to configure the agent desktop or CCX to use the chat function with SME´s?

I would be grateful for all hints.

Maic,

I added the end user that I use for CCX-Presence integration, but still without success.

Do you have any idea?

I have CCX 10.5.1.10000-24 and IM and Presence 10.5.1.10000-9.

Thanks,

Milan

Hello Milan,

this is my fault.

The correct information is:

- Assign Access Control Group "Standard TabSync User" or Role "Standard AXl API Access"

Greetings Maic

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

Please see if your CUPS and UCCX versions are compatible with one another, refer the below UCCX comp matrix for the same.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_compatibility/matrix/crscomtx.pdf

Also please refer the below thread on the same discussion,

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2130949

Hope it helps,

Anand

Please rate the helpful posts !!

That´s it!

It seems to be a compatibility problem, UCCX 8.5.1.13900-5 isn´t compatible with CUPS 8.5.3.10000-59. I have to install minimum SU2 on UCCX. I will check that next days.

Many thanks...

Hi Maic,

My initial thought was about compatibility issue.

Also please don't forget to rate the helpful posts.

Thanks,

Anand

I am running into the same error message, However I have UCCX 8.5.1SU3 and CUPS 8.6.1.10000-34 which are compatible with each other as per UCCX compatibility matrix. End user that I am using for connectivity has full CUP/CUPC license with Super User Access.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks
Aamir

notinstock
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem in an integration I am just now doing.... I found I needed to create an inbound ACL on the presence server that I set to allow all connections...  Also, configure in Presence Administration "Application -> Client Types"  Add new...

Type:  CAD

Description : CAD

Minimum Version: 0.0.0.0

Group: Standard CCM End Users

Then I rebooted both the Presence server and UCCX servers (I am sure there are some services that can also do the same but it was simpler to just do some clean reboots since the system I am working on is not placed into production yet.)

Please see page 174 of this guide;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/user/guide/cda85ccxug-cm.pdf

Tell me if that helps....

Thanks,

Greg

This is the right answer, thx

This has saved me. Definitely the correct answer. Good one.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: