UCCX 8.5 CAD load not responding - windows 7 desktop

mikekana
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings

We have an issue with CAD running on a windows 7 pc.  After doing the log in,

CAD will start up and looks like it is accessing the UCCX server but then

freezes.  Task manager shows its not responding.  I tried this on two laptops

one of which is a base windows 7 install.  We tried on a third laptop (windows 7 again)

and the CAD screen does load up to a point but freezes also.  The debug files

show a RASCAL error.  This is the base UCCX 8.5.1 installation.  Any thoughts

on this one?

u

Thanks

Mike Kana

5 Replies 5

Maxim Denisov
Level 3
Level 3

Hello.

In most cases running CAD configuration fixes problems with CAD.

Regards, Maxim

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mike,

Check out this thread;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3470458#3470458

Cheers!

Rob

Hi - I ran the CAD configuration tool first to build the MSI's then loaded supervisor/agent.  We are running premium licenses.  I ran the CAD config tool again and also did a resync from the administrator application but no luck - launching CAD will get to the 'Connecting to the Cisco UCCX server' then stops responding.  Tried on two laptops but another person in our group had CAD on his Win 7 pc - he was able to get the CAD application to launch (display) but then thats where his CAD initialization stopped.  I looked in the agent log file and the only warning  I got was a couple of warnings where a registry key was being created and there was an access denied (software\calabrio\cad\agent\EEM) - this is just prior to service on port 59015 starting

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mike,

Sorry about that buddy I only linked up that thread in reference to;

"This is the base UCCX 8.5.1 installation"

I thought you meant "Standard" edition.....my bad!

You might be better served posting this up over here;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/collaboration-voice-video/contact-center

Cheers!

Rob

mikekana
Level 1
Level 1

hi all - turns out the email service was having issues - we removed the email skill from an agent and CAD booted up - so addressing email but at least can get to the cad screen to test scripts.  Thanks for the responses!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: