cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX agent login service

tkavithas87
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured the service Agent login on the call manager with the integration of UCCX.when press the service button,it showing the following error

"Cannot connect to the ip phone agent service"

What could be the causes?

Thanks

kavi

7 Replies 7

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Kavithas,

Please try restarting the Cisco Desktop Browser and IP Phone Agent Service and retry logging in.

And also please check the below,

Error: Cannot connect to the IP Phone Agent service

After a failover or the Unified Contact Center Express Engine restart,       the slave server takes over. All the services on the secondary server come up       as Master. Also, IP Phone Agent (IPPA) clients have issues logging in after       Unified Contact Center Express failover. The agents receive this error       message:

Cannot connect to the IP Phone Agent service

Solution

This issue is documented by Cisco bug ID       CSCtt11421 (registered customers only)         . In order to resolve the issue, restart       the Cisco Browser and IP Phone Agent service.

Reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a0080201e61.shtml#ippafail

Thanks,

Anand

Pls rate helpful posts !!

I have attached the snapshot which is the URl used for this service.Is there any thing wrong with the XML file?

I didnt restart IP phone agent service yet.I couldnt find the restart button for that.instead i restarted the whole Call manager server.But still it showing error.

what is meant by cisco Browser?

Thanks

kavi

Hi Kavithas,

The below service resides in UCCX. Go to UCCX serviceability page and restart it.

" Cisco Desktop Browser and IP Phone Agent Service" and retry logging in.

Make sure that you have the service created in call manager and the  phone or the dvice profile must subsecribe to this serivce.

Please refer the section "Configuring IP Phones for Cisco IP Phone Agent" from page 132 in the below link,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/installation/guide/cad85ccxig-cm.pdf

Thanks,

Anand

I created the service in call manager and subscribed that to the phone.

I did restarted the  "Cisco Desktop Browser and IP Phone Agent Service"

Still having the same error.

Can you have a look on the Snapshot i attached.Look like having issue on the xml file.

thank

kavithas

Hi Kavithas,

Could you please clarify the below points.

1. Is this a UCCX HA setup? If yes, which is your current active UCCX node? IS your IPPA service URL is pointing to the Master Engine UCCX node?

2. What happens if you press the services button on the IP phone and try to login using the Agent credentials?

3. Can you also please try changing the CUCM hostname entries by the ip address of the CUCM in the CUCM Admin->  System->Enterprise Parameters Configuration -> Phone URL Parameters

4. Also try restaring the CTI Manager service (from CUCM), CTI Manager service (from CUCM) and also the IP phone and recheck.

Thanks,

Anand

Hi Anand,

1.This is not UCCX HA setup.IPPA service pointing  to the UCCX server which is the only UCCX server running in the  network.The following URL is used for this service

http://10.1.3.50:6293/ipphone/jsp/sciphonexml/IPAgentInitial.jsp

2.when press the service button,it shows the service " UCCX ip  phone agent " service which i created for the IP phone agent.after  pressing this  UCCX ip phone agent service,there is an error "Cannot  connect to the ip phone agent"

3.I already changed the CUCM hostname to ip address on all the phone url parameters.

4.I restarted the CTI manager aswell.

Still the same error.

Thank you

Kavithas

Have you configured the settings related to CAD in the Desktop Administrator page?

It's in the 'navigation' dropdown in AppAdmin - check you have configured the correct services addresses. I would usually specify the 'RM' user for the system where the default 'telecaster' user is configured while I'm there - then restart the BIPPA service.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: