cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM 7.1(3) install on older MCS-7825-I1 failure

dyanuszeski
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to install UCM 7.1(3) on an older MCS-7825-I1 server and in the beginning of the hardware-deck results it reports that the Clock Speed of 2800Mhz is not supported and install is canceled.  Is there a BIOS version that I need to be at or a way to change the clock speed for the install to proceed?

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

The BIOS is flashed by the install routine, so you don't need to worry about that.

Sounds like you need to upgrade your CPU.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Actually, I'm not 100% sure it's that simple.  I'm not sure if this is still the case but when Cisco first switched to the appliance model, the hardware check during install would check the CPU and if it had been upgraded from the original then the installation would fail.  I'm trying to find a way to validate if this is still true or not; however, in the meantime I would suggest you talk to your Cisco AM to see if they can find out if your server can support install of 7.1(3) with an upgraded CPU.  If so, good.  If not, you've saved a lot of time and some money and know that you need to move to a newer model server.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

The Cisco specs on the MCS-7825-I1 says the processor speed shout be 3.4GHz.  Ours is reporting a speed of 2.8GHz.  So somewhere in the history of this Call Manager server, did the orginal hardware config disk or an OS upgrade set the speed at 2.8GHz?   and it can be changed?

-7825-I1

Actually, there were some I1 servers with your CPU. I have a client

with 2 7825I1 servers. 1 is an ECS server for Unity and it has 3.4 Ghz

CPU. The CCM is an IPC server and OEM CPU is 2.8Ghz.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 19, 2010, at 11:05 AM, dyanuszeski

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: