Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

UCM 9.x - Customizing Roles for UCMUSER Options page

I am unable to customize what end users can or cannot do on the UCM User Options website. These are the steps I've taken:

1. Create a new Role for the Cisco Call Manager End User application and customize with what actions I want to allow users to take.
  2. Create a new Access Control Group and assign the role created above
  3. Add my test user to the group

I am not able to login to UCMUSER as the test user. What am I missing? What other role should I grant to this group so the test user can login?

Thanks,

Yosse

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

What you can, and cannot do under CCMuser is at enterprise parameters.

Roles are meant for CCMadmin.

Have you added your user to the standard ccmu end users group???

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

Java,

Tanks for the reply.

When I add the user to the standard ccm end user group it allows it to login.  However, the user is then allowed to update anything they can see.  I want to restrict users to a limited subset of features they can update (Speed Dials, CFWD, Directory, read only Remote Destination AKA Alternate Numbers, etc).

Using enterprise parameters I can choose to display the feature, but I cannot show a feature as read-only access.  That is supposed to be managed via roles.

Yosse

Cisco Employee

All you get to configure for CUCM user page, is under enterprise parameters. Either it shows, or it doesn't show, no other options.

The roles you mention, are for accessing CCMadmin. And within CCMadmin, you get to choose whether they can only see, or change things

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content