Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM and CER Integration

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Experts,

I am integrating a CER (8.5) with a CUCM (8.6) in a lab environment. I believe everything is configured as it should but the call from CER back to CUCM is being blocked somewhere. Call history in CER shows the call gets into CER until the timeout is reached. When we call 911, it takes around 10 seconds to hear the message "The call can not be completed as it's dialed" I know this message means there's an issue with Partition and CSS but can't figure out where the issue is. The CSS and Partitions are really not complicated. There's one CSS which contains 4 Partitions in following order:

CSS_E911 = PT_CTIRP, PT_CERPorts, PT_Emergency_911, PT_Phones

The CTI Route Point is in PT_CTIRP, the CTI Ports are in PT_CERPorts, the 911 route pattern is in PT_Emergency_911 and the Phones which are in PT_Phones.

As you can see everybody can call everybody but the call from CER back to CUCM does not hit the 911 route pattern. As soon as I change the order in the CSS and put the PT_Emergency_911 on top  the call goes out of PSTN with no issue. 

I have done many complex CER-CUCM integration with no issues but don't seem to be able to see where the problem is in this easy lab environment.

Thanks for your continuous support,

MK

12 Replies 12

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Anybody with any idea?

Thanks,

MK

I tried both TP and RP for the CTIRP but none worked. My CTI Route Point is 1011.911 which goes to my CER with no issue. I do a Predot on "Called Party Transformations". The actual 911 is configured as a Route Pattern. And yes both CTI Route Points and CTI Ports are showing registered.

Thanks,

MK

Did you follow the CER admin guide as it does a good job explaining what to do?

Define the CTI RP as 911 in partition reachable from phone

In CER assign the ERL/ELIN to route pattern such as 1011.911, make sure this pattern is reachable from the CTI RP CSS

CTI ports are used only for notification calls, so nothing to do with actual 911 call being routed.

Now dial 911, see if the call is routed to CER and then routed back to CUCM and matches the 1011.911 route pattern and strips pre-dot and then goes to route list --> route groups --> GW/trunk,

Chris

Thanks Chris,

This is exactely how it is configured. The actual 911 partern is in PT_Emergency, the 1011.911 is in PT_E911_CTIRP and the CTI route point 911 is in PT_E911_CTIRP partition and the phones are in PT_Phones.  There's only one CSS witch contains all above partitions in the following order: CSS_E911 = PT_CTIRP, PT_CERPorts, PT_Emergency_911, PT_Phones.

The CER is not able to track the IP Phones by IP Address, that's why I entered them manually but they are detected as unalocated devices. I manually assighed the ERL to the phones. I can see the call hits the CER but doesn't go back to CUCM.

Thanks,

MK

I don't follow exactly, can you please post screen shots of the following:

CTI RP

911 Route Pattern 

911 TP (not sure you're using one)

telephony settings page from CER

ERL you are testing with from CER

Please find attached the screen shots.

Thanks,

MK

Your 911 CTI route point is in "PT Sandbox E911 CTIRP" does the phone you are calling from has access to this partition?

There should be no 911 route patterns except for CER fail partition, as you want 911 calls to go to CER not directly to PSTN. The 01120101.911 route pattern is used for sending calls out.

In one of the screen shots you can see the CSS with all partitions inside. The phones are in PT_Phones and is in the same CSS where the PT_Sandbox_E911_CTIRP is.

I need to keep the 911 route pattern in case the CER is down. The calls take the PSTN path directely.

Thanks,

MK

Chris,

I guess I managed to figure out what the problem was. I was trying to send the 911 calls to my Cell phone and was putting my Cell number on the actual 911 route pattern instead of 01120101.911 RP. As soon as I put the Cell number in the Called Party Transform Mask of the 01120101.911 RP it started working.

Sorry for bothering and thank you for being patiant.

Regards,

MK

Good to hear it's working and thank you for nice rating.

One thing you may want to clean up is the 911 route pattern as the proper way to cover CER failure is to use "call forward" settings on the CTI route point and route it to 911 route pattern in CER fail partition via dedicated forwarding CSS defined there. Otherwise I don't think it will work as CUCM will always match the first route (cti route point) and will fail because nothing is configured on forward on cti failure/forward on unregistered.

Chris

You're absolutely right. I will do so.

Thanks again and have yourself a wonderful day,

MK

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you say 911 pattern d you mean actual 911? That should be your cti route point or translation pattern if you are going through translation. What did you configure your cti route point as and is it registered?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: