cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCON VMO Message Properties Change when closing message

cox.s
Level 1
Level 1

UCON 7.0.1 - VMO with IMAP connection - when I open a voicemessage, I can play it back via VMO, but when I close the message, I get a popup "The properties of the message "Message from XXX" have been changed. Do you want to save the changes to this message". If I just answer "NO", the message keeps its settings and VMO loads the next time you open the message. If I answer "YES", the voicemail properties are removed from the message and VMO will no longer play when opened.

Does anyone know how to change Outlook/VMO behavior to stop prompting that the message properties have changed and asking to save the change when just opening/playing a voicemail and then closing the message?

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Scott,

Sounds like you are hitting this bug;

CSCsr90132 Bug Details

VMO: In Outlook2007, VMO form is removed when we save the Msg

In Outlook 2007, after hearing the new Voice mail using VMO form, when we try to close a window of a new VMO message, Outlook 2007 gives us the option to save it; if we select YES to save it then the VMO form is removed, and next time when we try to play the same message we don't see the VMO form, instead Outlook 2007 gives a pop up message saying " To prevent malicious code from running one or more objects in the form were not loaded. For more info, contact your systems adminis..."

Symptom:

VMO form is lost after listening to a new voice mail message and then closing the message window and saving the message.

Conditions:

When we try to close a window of a new VMO message in outlook 2007, Outlook 2007 gives us the option to save it; if we select YES to save it then the VMO form is removed, and next time when we try to play the same message we don't see the VMO form.

Workaround:

Don't select "YES" as option for saving, instead select "NO". This way you will not lose the VMO form. If you select "Yes" by mistake, when closing the VMO message window then you will lose the VMO form but not the message. The same old message for which we lose the VMO form can be played using any media player like Windows Media Player etc...

Further Problem Description:

Steps:

-------

1. A user, say userA, receives a new voice mail message.

2. userA, using Outlook 2007 with VMO installed, tries to open and then play the new voice mail using the VMO form, using the head set or the computer speaker.

3. UserA listens to the new mressage successfully.

4. UserA then tries to close the window of the VMO form and gets a Microsoft Outlook Pop-Up message saying: "The properties of the message " ......." have changed. Do you want to save changes to this message? YES, NO, Cancel".

5.userA selects "YES".

6. The message is saved but we see the VMO form icon disappear infront of the message.

7. UserA opens up the same message by clicking on it and sees the pop-up message: " To help prevent malicious code from running one or more objects in this form were not loaded. For more information, contact your adminsitrator." The user presses OK and the message is opened but the VMO form is not seen there any more; however, we can play the voice mail using windows media player. Status

Fixed

Severity

3 - moderate

Last Modified

In Last Year

Product

Cisco Unity Connection

Technology

1st Found-In

7.1(0.108)

7.0(0.323)

Fixed-In

7.1(0.116)

8.0(0.72)

7.0(2)ES6

7.0(2.11006.1)

Hope this helps!

Rob

keith.adams
Level 1
Level 1

This issue is a known bug. Download the 7.02 Viewmail Client and that resolves the issue