Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

UCSS "User" vs DLU count - confused

I understand the principle of DLU's. Different devices have different cost. Buy enough DLU's and deploy handsets as required until you run out of DLU's (as I understand it).

However, when you buy UCCS for UCM (Software upgrade protection), this appears to be listed as "per user".

Is it right that you buy the licences on a per device basis, yet you buy the software support on a per user basis ? How are the 2 linked ?

For example :

If I buy 400 DLU's to cover 100x 7941's (100x 4DLU's). 20 of those handsets may be in communal areas. So does this mean I buy an 80 user UCSS-UCM (as 80 are on users desks, with a staffing of 80).

Or am I missing something ? I thought initially that you would buy UCSS per DLU.

Any clariffication would be very much appreciated, I cannot find this specific query illustrated in cisco documentation.

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: UCSS "User" vs DLU count - confused

Hi Alastair,

Your statement;

"Is it right that you buy the licences on a per device basis, yet you buy the software support on a per user basis?"

Is most correct :) There is no linkage between DLU's (used to License IP Phones) and UCSS which is incremented on a per "seat" basis.

UCSS:

Priced per seat, mailbox or agent based

From this good UCSS doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/collateral/ns340/ns394/ns165/ns737/net_presentation0900aecd8063dc83.pdf

Hope this helps!

Rob

Views
Helpful
Replies