cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCX 8.5 Recordings

ccoombs
Level 1
Level 1

From what I understand 8.5 can store about 1.3gb in raw files on the server and about 2.6gb if you have high availability. What I can't find out is what happens when you reach that limit of size on the servers. Does it just start to write over the older files?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It stops working until you manually clear up space from the CLI; or, some of the files are expunged when they hit the seven-day threshold. Awesome, right?

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It stops working until you manually clear up space from the CLI; or, some of the files are expunged when they hit the seven-day threshold. Awesome, right?

Every corner I turn makes me realize I would have been better off goign with the other vendor.

Thanks for the Answer!

Make sure you beat up on your Cisco AM anytime CCX doesn't meet your business needs. The partners all know it's a product with many shortcomings but only customer complaints/abandonment seems to get any attention. CCBU is complacent in my opinion.

Jonathan-

We just noticed we are not able to delete the recordings from the server. Is there a way to do this through standard SSH connection?

Yes. The command is 'utils uccx recordings purge '. This will delete the specified amount of recordings starting with the oldest one. The 'show uccx recordings space' will show you where the server is at from a quota consumption standpoint.

We are using putty to make the connection so the utils commands are not available. We are also trying to delete files based on date/time range if possible.

Um, the utils commands absolutely are available through putty (or any SSH client). You can't delete by date range, only consuming file space.

Thanks for the reply Jonathan.

We might be thinking two different things. We are using tryng to connect directly to our ucx server from a desktop to run a batch file. When we connect we can see the recordings but only have basic ssh commands none of the utils. Are we going down the wrong path here?

There's only one type of SSH access to this application. You need an OS-level username and password which will launch the Cisco shell (i.e. not bash). Once it loads you can pass the commands. What happens when you do this interactively instead of through your batch file?

If we do a manual psftp to our server address and login with the standard uccxrecording user we are left at a psft prompt and only the basic commands-

psftp>  help

!      run a local command

bye    finish your SFTP session

cd     change your remote working directory

chmod  change file permissions and modes

close  finish your SFTP session but do not quit PSFTP

del    delete files on the remote server

dir    list remote files

exit   finish your SFTP session

get    download a file from the server to your local machine

help   give help

lcd    change local working directory

lpwd   print local working directory

ls     list remote files

mget   download multiple files at once

mkdir  create directories on the remote server

mput   upload multiple files at once

mv     move or rename file(s) on the remote server

open   connect to a host

put    upload a file from your local machine to the server

pwd    print your remote working directory

quit   finish your SFTP session

reget  continue downloading files

ren    move or rename file(s) on the remote server

reput  continue uploading files

rm     delete files on the remote server

rmdir  remove directories on the remote server

psftp>

psftp>  help

!      run a local command

bye    finish your SFTP session

cd     change your remote working directory

chmod  change file permissions and modes

close  finish your SFTP session but do not quit PSFTP

del    delete files on the remote server

dir    list remote files

exit   finish your SFTP session

get    download a file from the server to your local machine

help   give help

lcd    change local working directory

lpwd   print local working directory

ls     list remote files

mget   download multiple files at once

mkdir  create directories on the remote server

mput   upload multiple files at once

mv     move or rename file(s) on the remote server

open   connect to a host

put    upload a file from your local machine to the server

pwd    print your remote working directory

quit   finish your SFTP session

reget  continue downloading files

ren    move or rename file(s) on the remote server

reput  continue uploading files

rm     delete files on the remote server

rmdir  remove directories on the remote server

psftp>

Are we off base on how we are approaching this?

Oh!  SFTP is not the same as SSH. SFTP transfers binary files within an SSH tunnel. Normal SSH is a remote console/command prompt. Download the normal putty program and SSH in to the server. You'll get the commands I'm referring to as well as everything else in the Command Line Interface Reference Guide for Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Release 8.5(1).

ok .I guess this is were we are going wrong. We were trying to ssh in originally but it wouldn't take the username and passwords we were given but the sftp client will. We will need to try and track down the user and password to do this.

thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: