Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCXN 8.X voice enable

Hello,

I've been palying with the voice enable checkbox in CUC 8.X directory handlers.   It looks like when I voice enable a directory handler, I lose the ability to spell the user's name via the phone keypad.  Is there a way to enable voice and key pad dialing within the same directory handler.   I would like to enable both but don't want to have to front end my directory handlers with a call handler that says to dial by name, press 1, to speak the name, press 2.

Is there anything else in CUC that can be voice enabled?   I'm assuming enabling voice does not require any additional licenses.

Thanks,

Glenn

3 Replies 3

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Glenn,

I don't think you can provide both options with a single directory handler.  You would need to offer both options as you noted above (dial by name or speech-enabled).  The voice-enabled directory handlers are essentially the speech-enabled auto attendant functionality. 

Other speech-based functionality:

The voice command TUI which allows users to speak a command vs. choosing numeric options as you would the standard TUI.

TTS access for email (now part of Unified Messaging components)

SpeechView (external transcription service - this requires additional licensing)

Hailey

Cool, appreciate the response Hailey.

According to the CUC admin guide, it says that the voice command TUI is also a licenesed feature.   I turned this on for a test user and do not see the license counts change.

I was also hoping that call handlers could be voice enabled so a user could say the option number they wanted as opposed to having to use the keypad.

Do you know how the Speechview feature works and in what scenerios this might be used?

Thanks,

Glenn

When you turn on the speech-enabled TUI, you have to both enable it in the CoS for the user as well as in the Subscriber settings.  Go to the subscriber > Edit > Phone Menus > Conversation Style > check the " ". 

The voice-enabled capabilities for the Directory Handlers does not apply to Call Handlers.

I'm only familiar with SpeechView from a high-level perspective as I've not had any customers that had a requirement for it yet.  It is a transcription service that can essentially a voicemail can be transcribed to text and then delivered to you via email.  I believe it is also considered to be part of the Unified Messaging features in 8.5.  Messages have to be able to be delivered to an external transcription service so that would likely warrant more research and consideration.

Hailey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: