cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Uinified Personal Communicator & Firewall

bennettr
Level 1
Level 1

We are trying to log-in using the Cisco Unified Personal Communicator from outside our firewall. We have opened all applicable ports and are using NAT for the presence server to allow login.

However, after the login succeeds the software can't find the TFTP or CM servers. I found the following line in some documentation and fear it means our set-up will never work.

"The Cisco Unified Personal Communicator is not compatible with Network Address Translation (NAT). Cisco Unified Personal Communicator cannot use Simple Traversal of UDP through Network Address Translation (STUN), Traversal using NAT (TURN), or any other NAT-traversal scheme.

To traverse NAT, Cisco Unified Personal Communicator must be behind a virtual private network (VPN) connection."

Can someone verify for me that I am reading this correctly? If not, what do I need to set to tell the Presence server or the client software to gain a full connection?

2 Replies 2

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

NAT should be ok for TFTP. But it might cause problem on CUPC registration (SIP). Make sure your NAT is SIP aware and was able to do packet inspection.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com/

robray_sc
Level 4
Level 4

Any luck with your issue? I'm trying to setup the same thing.