cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UM manager 6.0 business edition integration with unity connection

Okechi Awujo
Level 1
Level 1

I have tried to integrate communications manager with unity connections but i can't seem to find the users in unity connections

even though they have been created in

CM. I am also ultimately looking to integrate it with outlook/OCS so that a user can dial a contact from outlook and their phone will call the contact.

4 Replies 4

bigcappa1
Level 4
Level 4

Have you tried the integration guide, even though they are on the same server they still need integrated

Follow this doc

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/2x/integration/cucmbe/guide/cucintcucmbe.html

Let me know how it goes

Paul Spence

rmichelberger
Level 1
Level 1

You have to assign your end user their phones at the ccm user administration (-> Primary extension!). My end user have "End User" rights.

chris.mosch
Level 1
Level 1

Okechi -

Try assigning the user to a phone and then setting the primary extension portion of their user account. You should then be able to import the user from the Unity Connection side.

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You will have to check your AXL settings on Unity Connection and CUCM. This is the "glue" that holds it all together so you can import CUCM users. Rule of thumb is that they have to have Primary number/device associated to their CUCM user name.

If you are looking at calling out of Outlook your contacts, this is done through the TSP plugin.

If you are trying to use OCS, then you will need to use Presence to create the "bridge" between OCS and CUCM. OCS will send a SIP invite/request to Presence, which in turn connects to CUCM via AXL and SIP to "control" the IP device (to make the call then)

Hope this helps!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: