Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to add/delete in Unity 4.0(5) SA

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

We have a new problem on one Unity server, version 4.0(5) running on Win2K3 SP1 with Exchange 2003 SP1 offbox. Just occurred today, previously working. Unity SA add/delete buttons greyed out. Mousing over button, see error "Domain xxx.xxx.net down or unavailable. Add temporarily disabled." I have run DC/GC reconnect tests and we can ping the DC/GC just fine. No errors when I ran Syscheck. No errors in application event log - when I forced resynchronization via DC/GC Reconnect, all ran fine. I checked with domain admins and no new firewall, policies, or the like implemented. Would appreciate your advice :-)

Thanks, Ginger

2 Replies 2

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try changing the DC in DC/GC Reconnect-tool as a troubleshooting step. It looks like the server that is configured is not responding to unity. Another thing you can try is the Import tool.

Hi Hinho -

An update ... the Unity server was pointing to a different DC than GC in the Reconnect Tool. I made them the same and forced resynch. However, I never received the synchronization complete messages in the app log when I did this. Once I stopped/restarted the AvDSAD service, then I got a full synch cycle completed message for the domain. This got the Unity SA working for delete/import.

Regards and thanks!

Ginger