Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unable to add/delete in Unity 4.0(5) SA

Hi -

We have a new problem on one Unity server, version 4.0(5) running on Win2K3 SP1 with Exchange 2003 SP1 offbox. Just occurred today, previously working. Unity SA add/delete buttons greyed out. Mousing over button, see error "Domain xxx.xxx.net down or unavailable. Add temporarily disabled." I have run DC/GC reconnect tests and we can ping the DC/GC just fine. No errors when I ran Syscheck. No errors in application event log - when I forced resynchronization via DC/GC Reconnect, all ran fine. I checked with domain admins and no new firewall, policies, or the like implemented. Would appreciate your advice :-)

Thanks, Ginger

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unable to add/delete in Unity 4.0(5) SA

Try changing the DC in DC/GC Reconnect-tool as a troubleshooting step. It looks like the server that is configured is not responding to unity. Another thing you can try is the Import tool.

Re: Unable to add/delete in Unity 4.0(5) SA

Hi Hinho -

An update ... the Unity server was pointing to a different DC than GC in the Reconnect Tool. I made them the same and forced resynch. However, I never received the synchronization complete messages in the app log when I did this. Once I stopped/restarted the AvDSAD service, then I got a full synch cycle completed message for the domain. This got the Unity SA working for delete/import.

Regards and thanks!

Ginger

Views
Helpful
Replies