Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to add subscribers to Unity

kwaldecker
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,

I am having trouble adding users in Unity.

On the subscriber admin page the Plus icon you use to add a user is Greyed out and cannot be clicked.

Any causes for this?

We are running Unity 4.0(5)

Exchange 2003 SP2

I have checked licenses and we still have at least 15 left

thanks for any help

7 Replies 7

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please post the complete application and system event logs.

Attached is the Unity Info Cab and the app and sys logs.

thanks!

The error below shows me that your LDAP server is not available. Please confirm that the LDAP server is avail by doing the following command:

telnet 000-dns2.gcsnc.net 389

If you cannot connect, either a firewall or worse, the ldap server is down.

CiscoUnity_DSAD 1017

The Cisco Unity service that monitors Active Directory (AvDSAD) is skipping a synchronization cycle because it failed to connect to domain controller 000-dns2.gcsnc.net. Ensure that the server is accessible and is configured as a domain controller and that no DNS issues exist. The service has failed to connect to this domain controller for 4 consecutive synchronization cycle(s). After 15 consecutive failed connection(s) The Cisco Unity service that monitors Active Directory (AvDSAD) will attempt to connect to a different domain controller. Diagnostic Info: Domain Controller: 000-dns2.gcsnc.net Binding String: LDAP://000-dns2.gcsnc.net:389/ROOTDSE Error Code: ERROR_DS_UNAVAILABLE Description: The directory service is unavailable.

Could the LDAP server being down cause Unity to grey out the Plus Icon to add a subscriber?

I'll try that telnet command and report back.

thanks!

I just tried the telnet command and it could not connect to the ldap server.

What steps can i take to fix adding users into unity?

thanks

Unity has to be able to reach a ldap server in your domain. Look in the ADUC for another domain controller in your domain. I am a bit surprised because Unity's DC/GC Reconnect Settings Tool should have done it automatically if you have another DC.

Check your vm at xt 2187.

I was able to get it fixed!!

The unity box could not find the domain controllers. I found out that the old domain controller that unity was looking for was taken down a month or so ago!

I had to run the DC/GC reconnect though and manually enter in the new domain controllers to get it working.

thanks for the help!