cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to change tftp address in IP Communicator 7.0.5

jlcembellin
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrade Ip communicator to 7.0.5.0 I can not change network settings: device name and tftp server address. The fields are in gray color.I send a screenshotCaptura.PNG

37 Replies 37

Now that's interesting. Thanks, we'll give it a try.

Made no difference on Windows 7 using .msi or .exe

However, if you run in XP compatiblity mode you can access all of these settings without problem.

I have tried this on Windows 7 32 and 64bit and it works fine.

This worked for me. I was already part of the Administrators group, which I read above would fix it, but it was still grayed out for me. It wasn't until I changed the compatibility mode to operate on XP that I was finally able to change the TFTP.

Thanks!

Same issue.  Installed with the .msi and could not change any network settings no matter what I tried.  Uninstalled the application, then reinstalled using the .exe.  No problems, everything seemed to work fine.  Didn't have to mark it as XP compatible or run as administrator at all.

I noticed that the install seemed to do a lot more things in the background when I used the .exe installer.

Thank you.

j.manley
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem with the options being unavailable.

Once I uninstalled and reinstalled the IPC using the .exe.  Everything was visible again.

antonio.vazquez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

other solution to solve this is execute IP COmm software as a Administrator (I have tested it on Windows 7).

Regards

Mark Walters
Level 1
Level 1

One small note:  Selecting 'run as administrator' didn't appear to work for me at first.  Turns out I wasn't closing the application all the way before trying to run it again as adminstator. 

In the preferences pane I unchecked "close hides application", closed the app, then ran as administrator.  viola.

cheers

mark

This worked just fine. Thanks a lot!

This worked just fine. Thanks for your info.

Wow!! That worked. Thanks 

That worked for me as well! Thank you!

After trying several troubleshooting steps, this worked for me!  

Great post, thank you!

thanks for the advice...turns out i have to terminate the program by opening my task manager and manually terminate the CIPC software, right after that i re run the software by right clicking and running as an administrator... and now i can change my settings again...thank you sir...

rubendehaas
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem with IP Communicator 8.6 installed on Windows 7 32 bit.

Totally Close Ip communicator. Just go to the original program in menu start. Go to All Programs ==> Ip Communicator ==> right click ==> Run as administrator. Start CIPC. Now you are able tochange the TFTP and other netwotrk settings.

System Engineer at Conscia Nederland: www.conscia.com/nl/