cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to check voicemail from phone (ok in email though)

john-glass
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 4.1.1

Exchange 2003

TSP 8.0.2

I have a weird problem with our inhouse Unity server. If I have new voicemails in outlook, I can check them fine. If you call in over the phone, it says, "you have no new messages."

I've isolated the problem to a COS issue. If I put myself in a COS that has TTS enabled, it correctly plays my VM's over the phone. If I switch my COS back to default subscriber, it says I have no new messages.

If I build new COS's, it still fails even if I base the new COS off my one working COS.

I ran fixdefaultobects.sql. That didn't help either.

Any suggestions? I can duplicate this at will and fix it at will simply by switching COS.

John

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

d-roush
Level 1
Level 1

Are you excluding NDR and Read Reciepts? I had the same issue and it was a bug with 4.1(1). Cisco told me to turn off the exclude while they worked on an ES. They released CU4.1.1_ES11.exe and that solved the issue for me.

David

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yeah, that is odd - Voice mails should always be presented no matter what, there is no COS setting that would turn off access to VMs, so your description is deeply puzzling. Your inability to use other COS objects configured tells me your system is damaged in some very unusual way.

Is this doing this for all users? Just one particular user? Anything unusual happening with the messages/inbox? It sounds more like our MAPI filters are getting waxed somehow but that does not explain your perplexing COS capability.

are any errors/warnings showing up in the application event log when you access a mailbox and are told no messages are available?

When you are given access to the voice mail in this COS that works, presumably they are presented _as voicemail_ and not as emails, right?

Jeff,

Thank you for your reply. The app log does not contain any helpful information - nothing is logged when I check Voicemail from the TUI and am told I have NO new messages.

You can duplicate this for any user in the company. If you take them out of the TTS class of servive, their TUI acccess results in "no new messages." I haven't noticed anything unusual with the message/inbox. Regardless of the class of service the user is in, if you "get users inbox" from the DOH, everything is there.

If I flip the COS like I stated in my initial description, it works great - exactly like a TTS user is supposed to work - voicemails are announced as VM, and emails are announced as emails. Flip it back, save, try again, and it's a no go.

This system was installed as 4.0.3 then went to 4.0.5 then 4.1.1.

John

d-roush
Level 1
Level 1

Are you excluding NDR and Read Reciepts? I had the same issue and it was a bug with 4.1(1). Cisco told me to turn off the exclude while they worked on an ES. They released CU4.1.1_ES11.exe and that solved the issue for me.

David

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would simply watch the Port Monitor and see what it says when you try to dial it. Is Unity presenting itself correctly? (Please enter your PIN#, etc) If you go to your mailbox, does it show anything in the monitor as retreiving messages from Exchange?

If you leave a new message, does your MWI turn on? (unity would be ok then accessing the Exchange database) Can you turn it off?

Can you play old messages?

d-roush's post above was the culprit. In the Advanced Settings Tool, I put the value on read receipts back to 0 and now everything works fine. If I put it back to 1, I'm back where I started. I'll apply ES11 and reply back to this post to confirm that resolved it.

Sadly, ES11 didn't resolve the issue :(. I've turned off the exclusion of reciepts for now. Should I take the rest of this up with TAC?

Final update on this. With ES11 applied, if I have the advanced setting "exclude ALL receipts" set to 1, it still broken. If I switch that setting to 0, and then set "exclude READ RECEIPTS" to 1," it works. Might want to see if the fix should include both settings.

We just upgraded from Unity 4.04 to Unity 4.1.1 and had the same issue. Voicemail would be placed in the Exchange 2003 mailbox, but from the phone it would announce you had no messages.

We did not install any hotfix, but changed Exclude All Receipts to 0 and Exclude Return Receipts to 1 and everything worked fine.

Do we still need ES11? Is this a known problem? Should we contact TAC?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: