cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to complete IP Communicator Tuning Wizard

fpizzuta
Level 1
Level 1

When the IP Communicator starts, it runs the Tuning Wizard which fails with the following message:

"Audio Tuning Wizard cannot configure 'Default Windows Audio Device' to record sound."

The IP Communicator does function, but there is a very bad echo on the originating caller's side. The PC in question is using the audio device on the mother board - RealTek High Definition Audio. The audio drivers are up-to-date.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

There is a bug open for this, we encountered similar problem - http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCsb02511&cco_product=Cisco+IP+Communicator&fset=&swver=&keyw=high%20definition&target=&train=

P.S. I attached the document we sent to TAC on this so you can compare if it matches your problem or not. I would also check with TAC on the bugid and see if they have a patch. The timeframe was September/October 2006.

Ginger

This is the attachment.

Yes, that is the same issue. Thanks for the info - I'll follow up on the bug to see if a patch has been released (not likely).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: