Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unable to initiate chat and search AD contact from CUPC 8

Hi,

I am facing some issues with CUPS and CUPC configuration and need expert help here. First let me explin my setup-

I have CUCM 8.x, CUPS 8.x and CUPC 8.0.171.

I have configured LDAP in CUCM and CUPS and created CUPC devices in CUCM and associated Cisco IP phone.

I am able to make call from my CUPC client but unable to initiate "Chat", when I click on "Chat" option I am getting "Invalid Parameter" error.

Otherthing I am able to search contact from my Microsoft AD. I have created LDAP profile in CUPS and able to import users from AD to CUCM and CUCM to CUPS. I am confused with the "Search Context" parameter in LDAP profile, what should I specify here.

I am attching logs.

Your suggestion will help me to move forward.

Thanks & Regards,

Umesh

3 REPLIES

Re: Unable to initiate chat and search AD contact from CUPC 8

Hi,

Mostly in cups you use the same search context as what you have define in the CUCM..

The error message yiu are getting is pretty generic and it could mean anything..

Verify under the show server health if all the services are running and also on the CUPS run the troubleshooter to see if any service are giving you the error message..

1. Add the user from the GUI.. Login to cups user page

2. Add the user from there

3. Try to start the chat again

If this is successful then that mean you are not adding the user properly..

Thanks

Shahrukh

Thanks Shahrukh,

Now my AD integration features are working fine.

Regards,

Umesh

Hi,

Can someone list the mandatory steps for enabling chat in CUPS. I m using CUPS 8.5 and the setup is:

AD-->CUCM-->CUPS-->CUPC

Views
Helpful
Replies