cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Join cusotmer's Domain with Unified Messaging

tony.hanson
Level 1
Level 1

I'm currently in the middle of installing Unified messaging and have reached the part to have the Unity server join the Domain, when we try to join the Domain we receive the error "No mapping between account names and security Ids was done" We have tried to use the Unityinstall account which has Domain Admin rights and even the account that they use on a dialy basis with Domain Admin rights but cannot join the Domain. Now where it gets tricky is the cusotmer states that it is our issue(Unity Server) and not there Domain. He STATES that he built another server with 2000 on it and tested it and it joined with no issue. They have Exchange 2003 but I'm not sure how many servers they have with 2003 on them. I have also reinstalled the operating system on Unity server 3 times and same error.

Any thoughts or direction would be very helpful.

8 Replies 8

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If the admin of the AD domain can not add the unity server with his/her administrator password to that AD domain, then it's their domain. Unityinstall typically does not have domain admin rights in the AD domain.

also verify DNS is correct. Typically the problem

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Check the Unity server's workgroup name and make sure it is not the same as the domain you are trying to join. If it is, rename it to something else and then attempt the rejoin. The account you are prompted to use for authorization to add to the domain must have the rights to add the computer object to the domain. You might also check to see if the computer account was added and delete it before retrying the join.

Ginger

I have checked to make sure DNS is correct, the user has the rights needed to add to Domain, workgroup name is different, etc. This is a strange problem. Any other ideas would help.

CSCsf00207

Symptom:

Unable to join AD 2003 domain after installing Windows 2000 using Unity PCD.

Conditions:

Windows 2000 server. Cannot join AD 2003 domain.

Installed from Unity PCD.

Server Model is:

HP-7825-H2

Install Disk is:

EDCS-501261DVD REV17

Part # 80-8469-01

Workaround:

None found.

But...

It is documented by Microsoft as "How to reset security settings back to the

defaults"

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=313222

Our is little diferent

secedit /configure /cfg "%windir%\security\templates\setup security.inf" /db

secsetup.sdb /verbose

Let me know if this helps.

Try the following:

change the workgroup name from WORKGROUP to something that is not going to be duplicated.

change the computername to somethin that is not going to be duplicated.

If all else fails, don't use the Cisco PCD, use the customer's copy of win2000 sp4 and install from the HP server CD.

Scott

This did the job! Thanks!

One thing is that I could not find anything on Cisco's web site for this, I spent 2 days trying to figure this out. I rebuilt the server I had the customer build a server, all because of a bug!

I'm sorry to say this but this is becoming a common issue when resolving issues, bug after bug!

What exactly did the job? I am having the exact same problem!! HELP!!

Nevermind, I got it to work. The solution is to use Microsoft's Win2000 SP4 install, and not the one that is shipped with the system or downloaded off their site.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: