Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to log in to Status monitor and Web Admin after 4.03 upgrade

vinhnguyen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

After upgrade to Unity 4.03 from 3.15 I was unable to access the Status Monitor and Web Admin. The error I get on the browser is

Unrecognized error hr = 0x80040200

From global.asa = initilize ()

Please see your administrator for more details.

11 Replies 11

anup.anand
Level 5
Level 5

Try restarting the IIS service.

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is your AvNotifierMgr service started?

Please check your application logs for errors for the time that you try to open saweb. Post errors if you have any.

H. M.

Hi All

This is the error I am getting in the Syscheck utility

function loadXML(){ var xmlDoc = new ActiveXObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument"); var xslDoc = new ActiveXObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument"); xmlDoc.async = false; xslDoc.async = false; xmlDoc.load("SysCheckResults.xml"); xslDoc.load("SysCheck.xsl"); document.all("Target").innerHTML = xmlDoc.transformNode(xslDoc);

These are the errors in the application event log

4/19/2004 11:50:18 AM CiscoUnity_CsServices Error (8) 1009 N/A DP-UNITY The description for Event ID ( 1009 ) in Source ( CiscoUnity_CsServices ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: AvNotifierMgr,

4/19/2004 11:50:17 AM CiscoUnity_Notifier Error (3) 1010 N/A DP-UNITY The description for Event ID ( 1010 ) in Source ( CiscoUnity_Notifier ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: CLSID_AvAmisNotifier,

For more information, click: http://www.CiscoUnitySupport.com/find.php .

4/19/2004 11:50:17 AM CiscoUnity_Doh Error (1) 32013 N/A DP-UNITY The description for Event ID ( 32013 ) in Source ( CiscoUnity_Doh ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: 8004052eH,

4/19/2004 11:50:17 AM CiscoUnity_AvWM Information (6) 29001 N/A DP-UNITY The description for Event ID ( 29001 ) in Source ( CiscoUnity_AvWM ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: (AvNotifierMgr:3436),

For the second time in as many weeks I received this error message when trying to access the Unity 4.0.3

Server.CreateObject(AvSaLocalization.AvSaLocalization.1) failed.

This is most likely an error with a DLL, probably AvSaLocalizationSvr.dll or perhaps AvSaLocaleInfoSvr.dll.

Check that these files are present, and registered with REGSVR32.

Also be sure that the appropriate MsgStoreRes.dll file is present.

Cannot continue.

(From: Global.asa: hr=0x80080005)

What's really strange is Unity takes calls, allows users to log in and manage their messages, but doesn't change the status of MWI on either Call Manager (3.3.3sr3)or Centrex Dialogic card.

The Unity icon in the system tray shows the icon with an X and an option to start the service. (Eventhough it appears to be operating). Trying to start Unity just results in the green up arrow icon and then after a few moments it goes back to the Unity icon with the X. A system reboot appears to "fix" the problem.

I'd like to know what causes this as I don't want to field user complaints every Monday and perform a reboot of the server.

I think we have the same issue.

If this is Monday It must be Unity Broken time again.

What's up with this application. EVERY Monday since upgrading, (three weeks now) I come into work to discover that Unity is sort of working. The MWIs quit working. The SA WEB and the Status Monitor no longer work. The Icon in the system tray this time shows Unity working with a green check mark, but right clicking on it only allows a Unity Start. Something is screwed up. Any ideas folks?

Another Update.

4/30/04 Unity went off into the weeds again this morning. I still haven't seen or heard of anything to check to determine why this server is having all of these problems.

Lee

If it's Monday it must be reboot time.

May 3, the Unity server 4.0.3.sr1 was taking calls, but the SA Web stopped working and the MWI integrations ceased operations. I had to reboot the server to get everything working again. What is it about Mondays and Unity?

P.S. I checked the event log and the only thing I can see

Lee

If you're having so many consistent issues with Unity, you may want to open a TAC case. Include the "tempu.log" file (make sure you can see hidden files before you search your system for it) as the problem may be related to the upgrade.

Thanks. I pulled the file and saved it. In the mean time the server blew up again this morning. Now it appears to fail every Monday and Friday.

I have an open issue with my support vendor, or at least I did.

Sounds like that server has a case of the Mondays.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: