cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to login to presence: "Cannot communicate with server"

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

I'm setting up my IM&P system. (Using IM&P 9.1) I've setup the SRV records for the Jabber client(s) to find the IM&P server(s) automagically.

When I fire up the J4W client and try to login, I get the error "Unable to communicate with the server". This message is slightly misleading as I can see, via Wireshark, the client talking over HTTPS to the IM&P server.

I've had a look in the IM&P server logs from RTMT, and I can see mention of my username at the time of my attempted login - so clearly there is *some* communication going on!

Any suggestions how to troubleshoot this?

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.
4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are all services up and running??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yes. From another device (A Mac) I can login fine.

Please rate all helpful posts.

Were you able to resolve this? I have the same issue in J4W we found the issue and temp workaround but we need a permanent resolution, J4W goes to "loginp.webexconnect.com" every time when Jabber initiates the login through service discovery, since customer has webex account they have SRV records for those URL in their DNS as well so J4W is trying to go and fails if user has no webex account and it never attempts to go to UDS records at all after that, woraround was either add a static server entry or put a dummy IP address on the host file of the PC for webexconenct login then we are able to login without any issues. Not all the users has webex account and they want all the users for Jabber to connect to On prem server. Not sure how to resolve this let us know if you have found any solution.

CUCM and IM&P - 10.5

Jabber - 10.5

Hi Balukr,

Please Install the Jabber client through command prompt using following command.

msiexec.exe /i CiscoJabberSetup.msi /quiet CLEAR=1 EXCLUDED_SERVICES=WEBEX

This would resolve the issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: