Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to switch alternate and standard greeting

aboelhouwers
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 4.0(2)

I'm trying to make it possible to change from a remote (internal) phone the greeting. I followed all instructions, but unfortunatly no succes.

What I did is the following.

1. I created a subscriber with 2 greetings (alternate and standard

2. I created a call routing that routes a specific called number to the subscribers voice mail.

3. I created a call handler with a unique extension.

So when I dial the number as configured in the call routing I get the Greetings Administrator and can change the greeting. But when I call the voice mail number of the subscriber I hear still the old greeting.

Does somebody know what I'm doing wrong

5 Replies 5

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

after you've created your new greeting, have you actually dialed intothe subscribers VM to change the current greeting?

or you can go through the Unity SA to change the subscribers current greeting.

I did and no success.

I'm having kind of a hard time following your flow here. If you're changing the greeting on the call handler you created why are you expecting the subscriber's greeting to be different? I'm a little lost on what you're trying to do here...

If you want to change the subscriber's greeting, you have to log in as that subscriber and enable/disable the alternate greeting (assuming this is what you're getting at) - you don't do thhis throught he greetings administration covnersation. That's for changing greetings on system call handler (i.e. the opening greeting call handler).

Please provide a more detailed flow of what you're trying to do here.

Actually it is quite simple.

A subscriber needs to have a standard message for normal circumstances and an alternate message for abnormal circumstances. I explain it further. Everybody who calls the subscribers number will receive a message like "this is the emergence response room. There are no accidents at the moment". But when a accident happens the subscriber must be enabled to change the message (remotely) like "This is the emergency response room. There is a accident at .... and no employees of this company are involved".

This is what I like to implement but no success.

well actually, to make it even easier.... make this into a CallHandler to CallHandler.

The first callhandler has a standard greeting which is blank. This would "play" dead air 1/2 second or whatever it is, then roll into Call Handler #2. CH #2 has the same greeting never changes, etc.

A good example is a helpdesk number.

CH #1 has the "standard" greeting blank or dead air. Which rolls into CH #2 and plays the greeting "thank you for the calling the help desk, press 1 for..... press 2....."

In the event of an network outage, CH #1 is changed the "alternate" greeting. This will then play their custom message, "Denver internet is currently down, this message will be updated every 30 minutes" Then automatically roll into CH #2, which has not changed.

So basically, instead of subscribers, use CH to accomplish this.

cheers