Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to transfer by name

NAVIN PARWAL
Level 2
Level 2

Folks,

I just installed unity 4.0(4) and I am using the default call handler. I am unable to using the AA and transfer by name even though the subscribers have gone through the self enrollment process. Any ideas?

Unity comes back and tells me the name does not exist and i should try different spelling, it can not find any match.

thanks

6 Replies 6

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

by far and away the most common problem here is the user did not record a voice name (which is not strictly required by the first time enrollement). The Name Lookup Handler will not find the user in the directory unless they have a recorded voice name it can use for confirmation before sending the caller on.

also make sure the users you are trying to find have "list in directory" turned on for their account.

You are one of the most amazing guys in the forum.

Thanks

Jeff,

Is there a place to check in Unity if a Subscriber recorded the spoken name? I have a problem with name lookup not working for most users and I am told the spoken name was recorded for a specific Subscriber I am using to test. "List in phone directory" is checked.

Thanks,

Mike

I found my problem but would still like to know if there is a place to check if certain greetings are recorded or not.

I checked the Search Option for this directory handler and it was set to search a public distribution list. I switched it to local Cisco Unity server only and now dial by name works fine.

Subscriber Information Dump (which you'll find in the tools depot on your desktop) has the option of dumping out if the user has a recorded voice name or not and, if you like, the actual WAV files for those subscribers. It can also indicate if greetings for users are active and dump out the WAV for the standard and/or alternate greetings if recorded.

Good man! I appreciate your input sir!