Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to use CUPC softphone

alalli
Level 2
Level 2

Good Day All,

I am setting up a user with the CUPC client and she can not use the soft phone.

The softphone is not showing up in the Help>Show Server Help section.

I have allowed Cisco Unified Client Services Framework and CUPC.exe through the firewall.

The user is assoicated with both her phone and UPC client in call manager.

I have run the problem report and will attach it to this post.

Any ideas would be so appreciated.

Thanks very much

Regards,

Amanda Lalli-Cafini

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Amanda,

By the logs you uploaded it looks like you're using CUPC 8.0 or later.  You mentioned UPC client in Call Manager, just want to confirm you're creating a 'Client Services Framework (CSF)' device type and not a Unified Personal Communicator which is used for 7.X versions of CUPC.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Amanda,

By the logs you uploaded it looks like you're using CUPC 8.0 or later.  You mentioned UPC client in Call Manager, just want to confirm you're creating a 'Client Services Framework (CSF)' device type and not a Unified Personal Communicator which is used for 7.X versions of CUPC.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks mate.

I think that will be the problem.

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Great!

Thanks for the rating!

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hello Again Chris,

Just wondering if you could point me in the right direction for the cisco doco related to this problem?

thanks

amanda

Hi Amanda,

Check out the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_0/english/install_upgrade/deployment/guide/dgclient.html#wp1167907

Step 1 Select Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration > Device > Phone

Step 2 Select Add New.

Step 3 (Cisco Unified Personal Communicator Release 8.x) Select Cisco Unified Client Services Framework from the Phone Type menu.

(Cisco Unified Personal Communicator Release 7.1) Select Cisco Unified Personal Communicator from the Phone Type menu.

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: