Views
Helpful
Replies

Unidentified caller messages not delivered

tfelmly
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Using Cisco Unity 4.1 Build 4.1(1) w/on box exchange (VM only), the UnityMTA folder will start collecting VM messages and not deliver them to Exchange. Funny thing is that it only happens with unknown outside calls.

Just this morning I had about 6 messages in the UnityMTA folder and all of them were marked as being from unknown callers. When I dialed my extension from another Cisco phone and left a message it was delivered fine. When I called my extension with my cell phone and left a message it ended up in the UnityMTA folder and not delivered. After a reboot all the messages were sent and everything was back to normal.

No errors reported in Event Viewer at all.

What causes such behavior? I am constantly watching the MTA folder now incase Unity decides to not deliver messages again.

Thanks!

Todd

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Right off hand my best guess is the "Unity Messaging System (server name)" account is missing or damaged - Unity should recreate the account if it's missing (it definitely does this when Unity is restarted). All outside caller messages are left from this account and if it's missing or damaged somehow and messages cannot be sent on behalf of this account, it'll be dropped into the MTA folder.

This would explain why sub to sub messages are working but outside caller messages are not. But that's just a guess based on the info here.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: