cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unified Communications 6.x

cris_jimenez
Level 2
Level 2

how do I upgrade my callmanager to the latest version, I already downloade the part 1 and 2 of the upgrade and burned it in a DVD, however when i go to OS administrator and try to upgrade the first node, I need to specify a directory and I don't know how to go from there.

any help is appreciated

6 Replies 6

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Are you attempting an upgrade from windows version CM (3.x/4.x) to CM 6.0

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

no I'm running CM 6.0.1.2000-3 and I want to upgrade to 6.0.1.2000-4

You can download the bin file from CCO and then go to OS administration, software upgrades menu and upload it via SFTP or via a DVD/CD media.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

How do you go about the upgrade with 2 x 1.1gb files over SFTP.

Are you able to upload them both and then they find themselves in the inactive partition ready for reboot into that partition?

Kim,

once you downloaded the 2 parts you need to open a dos prompt and run the following commmand if you are on windows, go to the directory where you have the 2 1.1 gig files and execute the following command

COPY /B UCSInstall_UCOS_6.1.2.1000-13.sgn.iso_part1of2+UCSInstall_UCOS_6.1.2.1000-13.sgn.iso_part2of2 UCSInstall_UCOS_6.1.2.1000-13.sgn.iso

just copy paste it and this command will make the 2 files only 1 iso that you will be able to upload to the callmanager through SFTP

hope this helps

Thanks Cris, I eventually found this info in the readme PDF for the download.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: