cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unified messaging 4.05 and Lotus 6

jones_amy
Level 1
Level 1

When I leave a VM via the phone for another user, the message is also saved in my Notes Email "Trash" folder (not my "Sent" folder).

Is this by design? It would make sense, but I do not want to say it is planned if it is not.

1 Reply 1

navinger
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Sounds like this defect: CSCsd95898.

I copied/pasted the defect's release note enclosure below. Kind of a gray area as far as by design -- more likely an unintentional side effect of soft deletions. But the defect has been closed and won't be fixed.

Nancy

Symptom:

When you leave a voice message via the TUI, a copy of that message could be left in the user's Trash folder.

Conditions:

Cisco Unity 4.0(5) and earlier running with DUCS 1.2.2 and DUCS 1.2.3 and Lotus Domino and Notes 6.x

Lotus Domino 6.x introduced the concept of 'Soft Deletions'. When the 'Soft Deletions' option is enabled a copy of that message is placed in the Trash folder for XX number of hours before being permanently deleted.

Workaround:

None within Cisco Unity at this time but within Lotus Domino you can do one of the following:

1) Disable Soft Deletions

2) Leave the Soft Deletion option enabled and let it delete the messages from the Trash folder permanently when "Soft Delete expire time in hours" expires. Refer to "Soft Delete" under Lotus Domino help file for details on how to configure the 'Soft Delete' option.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: