cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unified messaging 4.2 with exchange 2003

jones_amy
Level 1
Level 1

I have unified messaging 4.2 installed on a windows 2003 sp1 machine we had ssl installed and we were having issues with periodically when we try to open the System administrator it gives us back a blank screen. WE took off SSL thinking that is what it was and it still does this. Any suggestions?

14 Replies 14

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

We are also running 4.2(1) and believe you are hitting Unity 4.2(1) W3SVC bug - CSCsf26335 - The bug symptom says, "The inetinfo.exe process hangs on the Unity server. When this occurs the System Administration (SA), Status Monitor (SM), and Cisco PCA pages do not load when accessed." We have 3 Unity servers and one server seems to be impacted more than the other two - but we also have more OU Admins that do Unity move/changes. The way to fix is to open a command window on the Unity server and type iisreset. This command stops/restarts the following services - iisadmin, smtp, and w3svc. Give it a moment or two, until it tells you it has completed.

Ginger

Thanks Ginger, Do you know if the next version will fix this?

Hi -

I don't know yet, but hope it will be addressed in the next version. I have subscribed to the Bug for notifications in case it gets updated.

Ginger

Thanks Ginger

I've run into that issue on several Unity 4.21 implementations. I generally open up task manager and kill the inetinfo.exe process and the pages come back.

We applied the Engineering Special that was for this, but it still hasn't resolved the issue.

I'm running Unity 4.0(4)SR 1 with ES58 and ES84 installed. I had similar symptoms and ran iisreset and it saved me from a reboot! Tried to kill the service and I couldn't kill it. iisreset was a life saver!

We have applied es 52 and 56 to our 4.21 unified messging...and I have to reset the iis constently. The bug says it is fixed is there something I am missing..

Does anyone know if this has been resolved with a new ES? We have 26 Unity servers with one customer on Unity 4.2.1 W2k3sp1 and are constantly having to reset the IIS services on some of the servers..its getting difficult to manage. Does anyone know if there is an ES that actually addresses this issue?

Do you see any IIS Related error messages in Event Viewer. If yes, can you attach it to this post.

This is the only error I can find related to IIS / web pages ...

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: W3SVC

Event Category: None

Event ID: 1013

Date: 12/3/2007

Time: 13:54:56 PM

User: N/A

Computer: NLTNZSU101

Description:

A process serving application pool 'DefaultAppPool' exceeded time limits during shut down. The process id was '13348'.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: W3SVC

Event Category: None

Event ID: 1010

Date: 12/3/2007

Time: 12:22:23 PM

User: N/A

Computer: NLTNZSU101

Description:

A process serving application pool 'DefaultAppPool' failed to respond to a ping. The process id was '13340'.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

You might be hitting into Bug ID CSCsf26335. The fix for this is available with ES133. To get this ES, you will have to open a TAC case so that the Engineer can publish the ES for you.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, so your saying that ES133 is the fix to ES 52/56.....I'll open a case with TAC to see if this is indeed the case as it will be great to resolve this.

Yes, this was firest fixed in ES56 and then re-integrated with ES 133. You can either get ES133 or ES56 for this fix.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: