Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unified Messaging Local Storage of Mail

I have a 4.05 Unified Messaging installation up and running. One of the users stores his mail in a local .pst file on his PC instead of leaving it on the mailstore in Exchange. When he receives a voice mail message, the light lights up. If he immediately presses the messages button he can listen to the message. However, if his synch timer kicks in (5 minutes) before he can get to the voice mail message, the message is moved from the Exchange mailstore to the .pst file on his local pc. At this point the MWI light goes out, and if he tries to check VM the message is not there (of course). I am looking for a way to have Exchange either leave the VM messages in the mailstore and only move his email, or another method to be able to get to the VM messages in his local .pst file. Is there a rule that can be created in Outlook or Exchange to handle this?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Adam

2 REPLIES

Re: Unified Messaging Local Storage of Mail

In Outlook, go to Tools -> Email Accounts -> View or Change Existing. Choose the account and click Change. Click More Settings -> Advanced. Check the box that says "Leave a copy of message on the server." You can also choose to remove the message after a certain number of days or when deleted from Deleted Items. Once a message is downloaded, the message will be available through the TUI as a saved message. You will still have the issue with the MWI because Exchange marks the message as read once it it is downloaded. A couple of other options are to use cached Exchange mode or to make certain folders available offline in Outlook if there is a need to access messages while disconnected. Keep in mind that with cached Exchange mode MWIs will work, but you will see a delay.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Re: Unified Messaging Local Storage of Mail

Brandon,

Thanks for the reply. I will give this a try and see how it works out. I will be more than happy to rate the reply once I test.

Thanks again!!!

Adam

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content