Views
Helpful
Replies

Unified messaging on CUC 8.5

rramlal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am interested in setting up unfied messaging with CUC 8.5 and exchange 2010. I have downloaded the integration guides however they only have instructions for single inbox. I am only interested in sending voicemails to the recepient's inbox only. How can this be done and is there a guide available? I have only done this for Unity many years ago so I am not sure of the procedure for unity connection.

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is what single inbox provides.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Okay thanks. So all the steps for this is available on the cisco guides?

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Correct

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Chris,

I have been configuring and troubleshooting this unified messaging all day. Perhaps you can take a look at the error I got and advise on some checks to make. i have followed all the steps for the guide and the unified service was tested successful however the user account test is getting the error 500 code and I am not sure what else to check here. I have attached some screenshots for you to verify.

Did you try NTLM authentication method?

Did you execute the shell commands on exchange as listed in the guide?

Chris

No I didnt try the NLTM method, but what does this match up to in exchange? The options on exchange were, basic, digest, windows, i didnt see the nltm auth method.

Yes i did run the commands for application impersonation in exch management shell and it was successful.

Okay I saw that the NLTM method is actually windows authentication on IIS v7. So i changed it and now I am getting a different error, see attached. I am going to re-create the service account and see if that helps.

Hi all,

I got through with this issue and it seems that the exchange required sp 1 installed along with all the recommended hotfixes. after this was done the ews editor was able to access the mailbox with the unified messaging account created which was not allowed before. I have the auth set as NLTM and https.

I plan to wipe and redo to see if the same occurs, i will update once completed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: