cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unified Messaging Services

dannoofWI
Level 1
Level 1

Our Unified Messaging service was originally created using the "Specify the Hosted Exchange Server" rather than the recommended "Search for Hosted Exchange Servers". It has worked fine until a recent upgrade to Office 365, the specified server podXXXXX.outlook.com will no longer be valid.

I set up a new Unified Messaging Service using the "Search for Hosted Exchange Servers" option and that has tested as good.

The question is: how to change the 1000 users.

1. Change the existing Unified Messaging Service, which the users are assigned, to use the Search option?

2.  Change all users to the newly created Unified Messaging Service. Can this be done using Bulk Update?    

I would rather use option 1 but I don't want to make sure there is no problem with doing it that way.

Unity Connections 8.6.2

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't think option 1 is going to work as once you build the service you define if this is Exchange or Office 365, and I don't think you can change that.

Option2 would definitely work and yes you can use bulk update to change it in bulk.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks for the quick reply Chris, it has always been Office 365. Office 365 recently updated removing the ability to use the old method for the hosted server.

Dan

So, if the integration is defined as Office 365 and all you need to change how it points to it then the simple thing would be to just do that during scheduled maintenance window.

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: