Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unified Messaging with AD in the same server.

Our customer have licenses for Unified Messaging and he don't want to synchronize with corporate exchange for security policy. So I intalled Unified Messaging in the same server(AD+Exchange) with it's own domain, but forwared all voicemail to corporate exchange that is another domain just the same I lost the synchronize of read message (message waiting lamp) when is forwarded the mail to corporate exchange.

Question: Is there an option for to know if the mail was readed from Corporate Exchange for OFF MWI in the IP Phone?

Is there any options for this deployment?

1 REPLY

Re: Unified Messaging with AD in the same server.

Hello -

I am not a Cisco employee and you can always check with your Cisco account rep, but I don't think you are running a supported configuration. Voicemail only is supported with Exchange onbox/Unity server, but a unified messaging implementation must have an offbox Exchange. Since the customer is not allowing Unity to integrate with their corporate Exchange, you should implement a voicemail only configuration. Instead of forwarding the messages from the onbox Exchange over to the corporate Exchange, create accounts on the Unity server, something like vm-alias and voicemail enable those. You will want to HIDE these accounts in the directory and even restrict class of service so that TTS is disabled. Once you are no longer forwarding the messages and they are remaining resident on the onbox Exchange, message waiting lamps will function properly. You would need to update your licensing with Cisco to reflect a voicemail only config.

Ginger

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content